Aeronautical introduction,careers and salary packages
Aeronautical Engineering – Courses, Career Scope, Colleges and Salary
Aeronautical Engineering Base;
The branch also specializes in the evolution and research of commercial and military aircraft, missiles, spaceships etc. Eternal vigilance and mathematical precision happen to be the two watch words for this academic discipline.Aeronautical Engineering is one of the frontier branches of engineering dealing with the study of the principles and technology to design, manufacture and maintain highly sophisticated products such as aircraft, missiles and space satellites.
The specializations in aeronautical engineering includes the areas like structural design, navigational guidance and control systems, instrumentation and communication or production methods or it can be in a particular product such as military aircrafts, passenger planes, helicopters, satellites, rockets etc.
The qualified professionals may work in areas like design, development, and maintenance as well as in the managerial and teaching posts in institutes. The demand for aeronautical engineers in airlines, aircraft manufacturing units, air turbine production plants is generally high.
Individuals aspiring for this field should be highly talented, self-motivated, excellent team players, innovative and lateral thinkers. They should also have the capacity for highly technical and analytical thinking.
In India several technological universities including the IITs offer courses in aeronautical engineering both at undergraduate and post-graduate level.Eligibility Criteria
- The basic eligibility criteria for BE / B.Tech program is 10+2 Science (Physics, Chemistry and Maths) with a fairly high percentage of marks in the aggregate.
- One must pass the qualifying exam i.e. IIT JEE for admission into Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) or the SRMJEE to apply to the aerospace engineering program they have.
- For M.Tech program in aeronautical engineering one should have completed degree in (BE/BTech) aeronautical engineering or any other equivalent branches of engineering.
Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) base in Bengaluru, India;
Career and Job Prospects
- Jobs are available in aircraft-manufacturing units.
- The Defence Industry and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)happen to be two major employment providers in India.
- Aeronautical engineers often get employment in organizations such as Hindustan Aeronautical Ltd, Defense Research and Development Laboratories, National Aeronautical Lab, Aeronautical Development Establishment, Civil Aviation Department and other places as well.
The average start up salary in this field ranges from 1.5 lakh to 3.0 lakh per annum. The salary depends on academic excellence and skill set of individuals. The gross salary of a skilled and experienced aeronautical engineer varies between Rs 40,000-1.25 lakh per month.
The Increment or hike in salary is relative to the employer, current position and one’s performance. Generally in government sector the salary hike is not much. But, in a private sector you may be offered better positions through which salary may be higher.
IIT Bombay, like other streams in engineering is the top ranked college in Aeronautical Engineering as well
Top Colleges/Institutes in Aeronautical Engineering
|2||IIT Kanpur||Uttar Pradesh|
|3||IIT Kharagpur||West Bengal|
|4||IIT Madras||Tamil Nadu|
|5||PEC University of Technology||Chandigarh|
|6||Bengal Engineering and Science University||West Bengal|
|7||Manipal Institute of Technology||Karnataka|
|8||Amrita Institute of Technology and Sciences||Tamil Nadu|
|9||Sathyabama University||Tamil Nadu|
|10||Acharya Institute of Technology||Karnataka|